YOUR BIG DAY IN SPAIN
Are you an avid birder? How about making the most of your day out birding? Now that you've come to Spain you may want to use every single minute of the journey and try to make your BIG DAY for Spain. Before the trip starts, we help you via email planning an unbeatable itinerary depending on your target birds.
Unlike our standar full days out -8 h-, we propose you a longer venture -around 12 h with possibility of dawn or dusk- and explore a variety of birding hotspots, resulting into a great number of bird species. Some great days in spring can result into a record of over 100 bird species! Some other days we focus on scarce and tricky birds, reaching around 70 sp.
Challenge yourself on our BIG DAY and get those lifers you've always wanted to tick!
WHAT IT IS INCLUDED
- Transport -on a courtesy basis-
- Local birding guide fluent in English
- Use of binoculars and scope
- Bird checklists and guides in English
- Taxes and accidents insurance
WHAT IT IS EXCLUDED
- Meals and drinks
ITINERARY: we'll propose a highly customized itinerary depending on:
- our meeting point
- your target species
MEETING: all over south Spain, including Seville, Málaga and the coast.
TIMING: the clock starts ticking when your guide leaves Ronda to meet you and finishes then he returns there. This takes 12h no matter where you meet him. Based on this 12h duration of the tour, the possibilities cover all southern Spain. Here's some examples:
- Based in Ronda? Touring takes 12 h.
- Based in Málaga? Touring takes 9 h.
- Based in Sevilla? Touring takes 8 h.
- And so on for other towns in Andalucía.
SEASONALITY: Big Days are available year round except in July and August.
PACE: addapted to your requirements.
- 1 person: 250 €
- 2 to 3 people: 280 €
- 4 to 7 people: 330 €
ICONIC COMBOS: INSPIRATION FOR A MEMORABLE BIG DAY
Just as a source of inspiration, we propose the following very challenging ideas for Big Days:
- Big Day # 1: Little Swift (!) + Marbled Duck + Crested Coot + Scrub Robin
- Big Day # 2: Little Bustard + Great Bustard + Eurasian Roller + White-headed Duck
- Big Day # 3: Bonelli's Eagle + Golden Eagle + Peregrine Falcon + Spectacled Warbler
- Big Day # 4: Northern Bald Ibis + Rüppel's Vulture + Collared Pratincole + Audouin's Gull
- Big Day # 5: Common Rock Thrush + Alpine Swift + Black Wheatear + Western Olivaceous Warbler
- ... what birds are on your mind?
BIRDS TO SEE IN THE SPANISH BIG BIRDING DAY
Some of the nearly 200 species of spanish birds that we may come across throughout the year are:
- Black and Black-eared Wheatears
- Thekla, Calandra and Crested Larks
- White-headed Duck, Black-necked Grebe.
- Crag Martin and Alpine Swift
- Common and Blue Rock Thrushes
- Great Bustard
- Bonelli's, Booted and Short-toed eagles
- Stone Curlew
- Iberian Chiffchaff, Serin, Fan-tailed and Bonelli's Warblers
- Spectacled, Subalpine, Orphean, Dartford and Sardinian Warblers
- Egyptian and Griffon Vultures
- Cirl and Rock buntings
- Rock and Spanish Sparrows
- Red-billed Chough and Peregrine Falcon
- Eagle Owl and Lesser Kestrel
- Purple Heron, Little and Cattle Egrets
- Crested Tit
- Azure-winged Magpie
Now that you know the birds and areas we can cover, how about contacting us to plan a day out? We'd love to help you tick the birds you've always missed!